What is ESPRI ?
The IPSL Computing and Data Centre (ESPRI) was orn out from several initiatives at the Institut Pierre-Simon Laplace (IPSL) and its laboratories, wishing to share IT resources and joint projects through a numerical facility for research:
- Different types of storage spaces,
- CPU and GPU computing servers,
- Virtualisation products,
- High-speed network infrastructure,
- Scientific computing and analysis environment/softwares.
- Data acquisition or production,
- Data access and processing,
- Data curation and archiving,
- Data documentation,
- Data distribution and publication.
Thus, ESPRI’s activities cover various fields to support multidisciplinary projects carried out at IPSL. It organises, for the last 20 years, access for IPSL laboratories and their partners to different reference data sets and high-performance computing resources. Thus ESPRI plays a transverse role as a shared, multi-site and multi-thematic platform, recognized by the Institut National des Sciences de l’Univers (INSU) from the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) and by Sorbonne University.